Established in 2005 and headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina, SnapAV is a manufacturer and exclusive source of more than 2,000 audio, video, surveillance and networking products for the residential and commercial integration market. For six years running, SnapAV has been named to the prestigious Inc. 500|5000, a list of the fastest-growing privately held companies in America. In addition to its Charlotte headquarters, SnapAV has operations in, Dallas, Fresno, Thousand Oaks and Taipei, with over 250 employees internationally.
At SnapAV we engage customers with curiosity, energize them with passion, and execute everything we do with integrity as we create innovative solutions to IMPACT the connected world.
Engage with Curiosity
- Teamwork: Creates a constructive work environment by contributing ideas, being receptive to other’s ideas, and leveraging differences with integrity.
- Communication Skills: Listens intently and displays curiosity, asking questions that lead to an impactful, collaborative environment.
- Decision Making / Problem Solving: Listens to the opinions of others, evaluates problems, and proposes constructive solutions.
Energize with Passion
- Job Knowledge: Learns how the business works and builds expertise while leading others to grow their own skills.
- Managing Work: Sets priorities and determines resource needs to achieve goals efficiently and is accountable for results.
- Develop Motivate: Inspires by sharing knowledge and motivating others to success through self-development.
Execute with Integrity
- Customer Focus: Is a trusted customer advocate, selflessly meeting all internal and external needs with integrity.
- Action Oriented: Passionate about the work and the goals of the company, maintaining high levels of productivity and a positive impact.
- Strategic Agility: Understands the company’s vision, prioritizes their work accordingly and makes knowledgeable decisions.
This position reports to a lead engineer and will be primarily responsible for product reliability, install ability, interoperability testing and test result reporting. The key objective of this role is to validate product during development phase to ensure that it meets or exceeds reliability and performance requirements beyond its warranty period. The test and validation technician must have excellent deductive reasoning and the ability to exercise good judgement in the face of evolving projects and priorities in order to be successful in the position.
- Set up products and equipment in preparation for performing validation testing per approved test plans
- Verify immunity of product hardware to external events such as ESD, Surge, etc. per industry standards
- Perform thermal imaging and environmental chamber testing to verify product survivability and design margins
- Execute customer use cases to validate product installation and seamless integration into end application
- Document and report detailed test results and collaborate with other functional groups to help identify root cause and corrective action
- Evaluate product and processes for continuous improvement opportunities and work closely with engineers to improve efficiencies and scalability
- Provide feedback to ensure that the products are thoughtfully designed and appropriately featured to solve customer pain points
- Associate degree in Electrical/Electronic Technology Engineering or similar vocational education
- 1+ Years’ experience working in a test lab environment
- Basic understanding of Networking, Surveillance, Power, and Audio/Video products
- Experience working with electronics test gear
- Ability to create custom cables and perform basic circuit modifications
- Experience with bug tracking software
- Experience in a technical support role or installation of complex electronic products
- Experience in the use of ESD gun, surge generator, thermal chamber and oscilloscope
- Experience in the use of Wireshark, terminal programs and other test tools and utilities
- Hobbyist who enjoys building and customizing Audio/Video/Networking systems
SnapAV is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.